Our Guide to Adoption
Thank you for considering re-homing one of our animals.
The following steps are here to help guide you through the process so you are informed of what to expect but also of the steps we take to ensure our animals go to suitable caring and loving homes.
1. Look through the Website or Facebook for any animals that you may wish to adopt.
2. Click here and send us your details.
If there are any animals that you are particularly interested in, please pop the name(s) in the comments box.
3. Upon receipt of the form, a team member will contact you and give further information about the animal and will also be able to answer any questions that you may have.
4. Come and meet the animal and see how you get on with him/her. (Meet and Greets are available via appointment only)
5. If you are happy with your animal, we need to conduct a home check.
This will last approximately 30 minutes. A team member will visit your home at a mutually agreed time and date and they will check your home and circumstances are suitable for your potential animal.
During this time, you will have the opportunity to discuss anything relating to your imminent arrival.
**Whilst we usually re-home animals within a 20 mile radius of Wythall, sometimes it is possible to re- home to a wider area depending upon circumstances. Please ask if this applies to you**
IMPORTANT NOTICE: REHOMING POLICY UPDATE - 30 October 2020
We will only rehome to prospective adopters if they can offer an indoor only home, a home with a catio or a home with a cat proof secure garden.
6. After the home check, providing both parties are happy for the adoption to proceed, we will book an appointment for you to pick up your chosen animal.
Before the animal is released into your care you are required to sign a re-homing agreement and pay the adoption fee. Fees should be paid before collection either by bank transfer or PayPal. Unfortunately, we are no longer able to accept cash.
The sanctuary will only reserve animals for up to 7 days, if the sanctuary is requested to hold the animal for longer than this period (and has the available space) you will be charged an additional daily holding fee of £5 per day per animal.
7. Take your animal home and enjoy your lives together.
We do routine checks on all animals to ensure they've settled and are happy.
You will be given a contact number for the sanctuary should you need any help or advice.
Please join our Forum Page to keep in touch and share your experiences and photos of your new family member(s) with other fellow members.